Our next regular meeting will be
Thursday March 20, 2014
just a few days after the Boston JoomDay link
Touro College ( ... more about Touro College)
Graduate School of Business
65 Broadway, Room 224 (map )
between Rector & Exchange Place
New York, NY 10006
Registration is not requred, but please click the link on the next line to signup for the event on meetup.com
We currently have 60 members
Chairperson: To Be Decided
6:00 - 6:15 - Introductions
6:15 - 8:00
Presentation 1: What's New - A report about the March 15-16 Boston JoomlaDay that will have been held a week before this meeting. Several Joomlanyc members are planning on attending.
Other Presentations: To be determined.
8:00-8:30 Lightening Round Question and Answers, Networking.
This semester Touro College is once again kindly providing the NYC Joomla Users Group with facilities for our once-monthly meetings. The meeting dates for this semester are Thursday nights January 16, February 20, and March 20, 2014
NEW! New Jersey Users Group
Two former board members of the New York City Joomla Users Group, Laura Gordon and Marion Konop, recently started the New Jersy Joomla Users Group.
For more information: http://joomlausersnj.com/ and
Their next meeting is March 24, 2014
OSTraining Joomla Classes in New York
For complete information visit OSTraining
Date: March 04, 2014 to March 05, 2014, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
You can sign up for one or two days.
Location: Netcom, 20 West 33rd Street, 4th Floor, New York, NY
On Day 1, you'll learn all of the key concepts you need to understand, navigate and use a Joomla site.
- Part 1: Introduction to Joomla answering key questions: What? Who? When? Why?
- Part 2: Navigating the Joomla interface
- Part 3: Setting up and organizing Joomla content
- Part 4: Adding content articles with formatting and text
- Part 5: Choosing and using with Joomla components
- Part 6: Choosing and using Joomla modules and plugins
- Part 7: Choosing and using Joomla templates
On Day 2, you'll build on your Joomla knowledge and learn how to develop and design great Joomla sites.
- Part 1: Workflow: An introduction to the Joomla workflow for building complete, advanced sites.
- Part 2: Advanced content editing and management. We'll add extra features to Joomla's content editing, including improved multimedia, document, image and link-handling options.
- Part 3: Understanding components and using advanced Joomla components. We'll create a community site by adding user profiles, social networking and comments.
- Part 4: Understanding modules and using advanced Joomla modules. In this class we show how flexible the modules can be. We control them in advanced ways, choosing who can see them and setting publish and unpublish dates.
- Part 5: Understanding plugins and using advanced Joomla plugins. We'll explain each of the different kinds of Joomla plugins using several different examples. We'll see how to create slideshows and video displays and spice up content items with extra features.
- Part 6: Joomla Access Control Levels. We'll use the new permission levels in Joomla to accurately control what users can and cannot do on our sites.
- Part 7: Joomla Site Maintenance. How to update, backup, secure and correctly configure your Joomla site